Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sticky Fingers

Yesterday’s corner time: 6 Minutes.

My Dad had a minor altercation with another vehicle at a roundabout yesterday, when he crashed into the car in front.

Can you believe that he’s blaming me for this? In the seconds leading up to the bump, I had merely alerted him to the fact that there was an insect inside the car. Well, possibly more accurately, I had screamed hysterically “AARGH! WASP! WASP! WASP! AARGH!”

I think at the same time, Dad felt something brush against his cheek prompting him to flail around frantically whilst rear-ending the car ahead.

In the end, it turned out to be just a gnat but you can never be too careful.

In the evening, I helped Dad attach a doorknob to the playhouse. I was hoping that this would allow us to bond again after the earlier incident.

As we traipsed out into the garden, Mum’s words rang in our ears “Be careful with the Superglue”.

Three minutes later, I was stuck to the playhouse. This was taking bonding too far.

Eventually, after much swearing, Dad managed to free me, I was warned about my language and Mum had called Dad an irresponsible idiot. Balance had again been restored to the universe.

Matthew.

Related Posts: Bees, Sweet Revenge, Playhouse, D.I.Y

4 comments:

Lyvvie said...

I think this is a brilliant blog, brilliant presentation and just makes me laugh everytime I read it. Thanks so much and please keep going!

Anonymous said...

Hey, gnats can be dangerous too, I think you did the right thing alerting your dad to its presence.

It's not your fault he can't drive. :)

Matthew said...

Thank you very much - I'm glad it makes you laugh too and not just me!

Gidget Bones said...

Thanks little fellow for letting me baby sit you this week! I'll let you slide on corner time!