Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Evolution

Yesterday’s corner time: 2 Minutes.

We went to the Natural History Museum in London yesterday.

Before we left, Mum had found Becca lying in the living room, stinking of alcohol and clearly inebriated. Next to her was an empty box of chocolate liqueurs. She had polished off the entire contents including all the wrappers.

We scraped Becca up off the floor and packed her into the car. We had to put up with her singing for most of journey before she eventually slipped into a drunken stupor, rattling the windows with her snoring.

The museum had a great Dinosaur exhibition including a live Tyrannosaurus Rex in an enclosure, which we had to file past.

I asked Dad if there was anything that actually scared a T-Rex and he said that Mum, first thing in the morning, would probably give them a good run for their money. So, I stuck close to her. I think the noises and odours emanating from Becca’s direction also helped.

After lunch, we learnt that we are descended from Apes and Dad said that this explained a lot about my behaviour and toiletry habits.

Judging by Becca's performance, I think some of us have descended a bit more than others.

Matthew.

Related Posts: Mad Cow

6 comments:

Mary Horn said...

I hope you don't mind I mentioned you in my post today...
~Mary

Matthew said...

Not at all - thanks for the compliments!

Mary Horn said...

Ok, so I'm back to thank you for leaving your comments and assure you that you are as funny as you think you are. On the way over I stopped by the photo blog with the three pictures on it. You sure are a cutie!!! The sister seems to be up to no good though. You may need to set up some video surveilance to prove your innocence.
~Mary

Matthew said...

At last, someone who realises that it's all Becca's fault ;-)

punchao said...

Hello Matthew,
Salvador here, I liked the Natural History Museum too but I couldn't understand why my Dad got so excited by a stuffed Panda and insisted that my Mum take a photo with the moth eaten bear.
He said he had see it when it was alive, my Dad is very old.
Did you see the Panda? It looks a bit like a Paddington in negative.

Matthew said...

Hi Salvador,

No, I didn't see a stuffed Panda but that gives me an idea re: the Becca problem.

My Dad is very old too, I think he recognised some of the Dinosaurs from when they were still alive. Well, that's what Mum says anyway.