Monday, July 03, 2006

A Whiter Shade of Pale

Yesterday’s corner time: 6 Minutes.

Hi, I’m back.

I think it was within 30 minutes of returning that I was re-acquainted with my naughty corner. It was good to be home.

On the plane trip out, Dad told me we were going to the South East Corner of Corsica. Two weeks in a corner? Call that a holiday? I do that for a living.

However, it turned out that this was a really big corner with a villa, beaches and towns. Now, that’s what I call a corner.

Unfortunately, it soon materialized that this larger corner contained several smaller ones into which I could be placed.

We spent much of our time at the coast. The beaches in Corsica were fantastic and both Becca and I really enjoyed them. I enjoyed building sand castles and Becca enjoyed eating the sand. There is a huge difference in our levels of sophistication.

According to Dad, Becca digested so much silicon during our holiday that she definitely won’t need any implants when she’s older.

It was very hot at the beach and my parents were naturally concerned that we didn’t burn. Nevertheless, I still think that Factor 5000 sun block may have been a slight overkill.

Having spent much of the two weeks resembling a polar bear with anaemia, I’m now whiter than before I left. Apparently, this is healthier. I don’t know any polar bears, so this is difficult for me to judge.

Matthew.

Related Posts: Summer Holiday

9 comments:

Mandy said...

Yay, you're back, I really missed your tales, glad you had a good holiday, be good and try and be nice to your sister! LOL

Matthew said...

Thanks Mandy - it's good to be back. Although, I think being nice to my sister is going a bit too far ;-)

Peter said...

Hi Matthew, sorry to hear that there were corners in Corsica too, never mind as you said it helped you feel at home.

DeeDee said...

So glad you're back Matthew! You know with all that sunblock on, you should have been able to slip right out of those tight corners with ease. I love your blog! I've been reading it while you were gone. I look forward to your posts! I hope you keep this up for a long time to come
DeeDee

Mary Horn said...

Dear Matthew,
I missed you so! I don't think you should go on holiday for a long, long time!
Unless you'd like to go to Kenya with me next week. They have lions, hippos, monkeys and more. You might even gain a newfound respect for Becca when you see all the orphans we'll visit. And yes, they have corners in orphanages too!
Post more before I leave ok? Cause I won't read you for the two weeks I'm gone.
~Mary

Matthew said...

Thanks Peter, Dee and Mary.

Kenya sounds cool - I hope you have a really good trip. I'd love to go but who'd torment Becca in my absence?

Ginger The Cat said...

WELCOME BAAAAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

*calms down* I missed you. You're a cute little sticky person.

The trip sounds fun! So you went to a huge litterbox? How cool is that?

Robert said...

Glad you are back, us Catifornians like your blog!

-Larry

Matthew said...

Thanks Larry :-)