Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Matthew's Dad Was Here

Yesterday’s corner time: 3 Minutes.

Hi, I’m Matthew’s Dad.

I’ve got to be quick because Matthew might come back at any moment. He’s just stepped out of the room to terrorize Becca, his baby sister. I think he needed some more material for this blog. Anyway, he’s left himself logged on by mistake.

The corner time above is actually mine. Matthew caught me swearing again.

He has ears like a bat and materializes from absolutely nowhere at the merest hint of a swear word. It scares the life out of me. He just appears behind me proclaiming that I shouldn’t be saying rude words and then orders me to into the corner. Well, you have to set a good example, so I generally oblige. Although, I dispense with the one minute per year of life rule – I’d be in there all day.

I was experiencing more problems with my b#$%£y wireless network connection yesterday, so I was punished three times by the little fascist. He’s like a mini-Mussolini.

I find it quite ironic that he’s punishing me when he’s still in my bad books for blowing his nose in the cleaning cloth for my new Ray Bans. He then has the audacity to highlight that it’s totally uncool to sport mucus on your shades. He appears to have a natural affinity for mischief and less of one for a handkerchief.

When it comes to fashion, he thinks he’s ahead of his time but I keep telling him that’s only because his watch is fast.

Matthew’s Dad.

Related Posts: Trend Setter, I Told You So, Art Attack

1 comment:

Peter said...

Hi Dad, you surely would need to be an early riser to get in front of your boy, good luck, stay sane.