Yesterday’s corner time: 3 Minutes.
I’m worried about my Dad. I’m worried that he’s going to harm himself. I’m really very concerned.
He’s joined the local Tennis and Squash Club. You may think that this sounds innocent enough but you don’t know my Dad. He seems to be at that age now when, whatever sport he does, he injures himself.
Dad started off with Martial Arts a few years ago, just before I was born. I always thought Martial Arts was like an extreme form of painting, where you had someone standing over you, barking orders as you painted for all your life’s worth. But apparently, it’s not like that at all.
Anyway, Dad was training in Kung Fu and within a few weeks, he had dislocated his thumb. Apparently, this was around the time that I was born and he was unable to lift or carry me for a few weeks. Mum is still quite bitter about this.
Dad carried on with the Kung Fu for quite a while, right up until last year. Following a resolution to get super fit, he ended up in the ER by lunchtime on New Year’s Day. He had ruptured his Achilles tendon whilst out jogging.
Next, he took up golf and fell down a ditch. The ligaments in his left foot were torn and he had to retire from the round. He hasn’t played since. That was last November and his foot is just about better, although his pride still has some way to go.
So, you can see why I’m worried. If a man can injure himself playing golf then surely, Tennis must be life threatening?
Matthew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
For sure! I think you should find something soft and spongy to coat him in while he sleeps to ensure his safety ;).
Ligaments are slow to heal Matthew, but pride is much slower.
Mama Duck, I'm not sure that even this would work. He once pulled an intercostal muscle sneezing :-)
Peter - never a truer word said!
Post a Comment