Yesterday’s corner time: 2 Minutes.
I think I got confused somewhere along the line. It’s easily done.
We had just returned from London and I was recounting the day’s events to Nanna.
We had been to see Big Ben and Trafalgar Square where there was a large statue called Nelson’s Column. This is now offically my favourite statue.
I relayed my understanding of Admiral Nelson’s demise to Nanna, as Dad told it to me.
Apparently, Nelson had been sailing on a big boat when he was shot. This hurt quite a bit and he had to lie down. Shortly afterwards, he went to Devon. Apparently, this is where everyone goes after they are shot.
I was greatly disturbed by this revelation, as I know that we are planning to rent a cottage in Devon for our holidays.
Therefore, it was a great relief when Nanna said that Dad had probably meant Heaven because, as far as I know, we have no plans to vacation there anytime soon. Phew.
Matthew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Dearest Matthew,
I am so sorry to forget your birthday - Mummy got severely repremanded for not putting my future husband's birthday in the diary. Needless to say she won't be doing that again! So I hope you had a happy birthday without me, and can you forgive me. I still have your photo in the hall so I can introduce you to everyone who enters our new abode. It is probably out of date.... Still maybe we can meet up over the summer as we are also "in Devon" over the summer to reacquaint our true love.
Forever yours
Emily
In Bonny Scotland
Ah Emily,
Good to hear from you.
It was a long time before I could go a whole day without thinking of you.
This was mainly due to the fact that I thought you had stolen my watch but it turns out that Becca had eaten it.
Anyway, how is the Loch Ness Monster?
Dad keeps telling me not call your mother that but it makes me laugh.
Matthew.
Post a Comment